February 22, 2026 | 05:27 pm

TEMPO.CO, Jakarta – A number of Indonesian badminton players, including rising star Alwi Farhan, are set to make their debut at the prestigious 2026 All England tournament. The championship will take place at the Utilita Arena Birmingham, England, from 3–8 March.
Other debutants joining Alwi are Raymond Indra/Nikolaus Joaquin, Rahmat Hidayat, Rachel Allessya Rose/Febi Setianingrum, Meilysa Trias Puspitasari, Jafar Hidayatullah/Felisha Alberta Pasaribu, and Amri Syahnawi/Nita Violina Marwah.
In total, 24 Indonesian players will compete, including Gloria Emanuelle Widjaja, who will partner with Singapore’s Hee Yong Kai Terry, in the BWF Super 1000 tournament.
Eng Hian, Head of Development and Achievement Division of the All Indonesia Badminton Association (PBSI), said the debutants’ participation will help them gain valuable experience and strengthen Indonesia’s long-term badminton foundation.
“Competing at the Super 1000 level is a test of quality and mental strength. We want them to bravely face the pressure, learn from major matches, and deliver their best performance,” he said in a statement shared by PBSI on Sunday, 22 February 2026.
As the highest-level tournament, the All England Championship is not only about winning titles but also serves as a benchmark for an athlete’s quality, consistency, and champion mindset.
Competing at this level demands peak physical, technical, tactical, and mental readiness, as every match will pit players against the world’s best.
To ensure optimal preparation, the Indonesian team will undergo an acclimatization program from 24–28 February 2026 in Milton Keynes, about 120 kilometers south of Birmingham. “On 1 March, the team will move to Birmingham to allow the athletes sufficient time to adapt to the competition venue,” Eng Hian said.
He added that the location was chosen based on training facilities, athlete comfort, and the effectiveness of adaptation to a tournament of this caliber.
“We want the players to be fully ready, physically, technically, and mentally, when they step onto the court,” he said.
List of Indonesian Players for All England 2026
Men’s Singles
Jonatan Christie
Alwi Farhan
Women’s Singles
Putri Kusuma Wardani
Men’s Doubles
Fajar Alfian/Muhammad Shohibul Fikri
Sabar Karyaman Gutama/Moh Reza Pahlevi
Leo Rolly Carnando/Bagas Maulana
Raymond Indra/Nikolaus Joaquin
Rahmat Hidayat/Muhammad Rian Ardianto
Women’s Doubles
Febriana Dwipuji Kusuma/Meilysa Trias Puspitasari
Rachel Allesya Rose/Febi Setianingrum
Amallia Cahaya Pratiwi/Siti Fadia Silva Ramadhanti
Mixed Doubles
Jafar Hidayatullah/Felishia Alberta Nathaniel Pasaribu
Amri Syahnawi/Nita Violina Marwah
Gloria Emanuelle Widjaja/Hee Yong Kai Terry (Singapore)
Read: New Rules Bar Indonesia Football from 2026 Asian Games; KOI Protests
Click here to get the latest news updates from Tempo on Google New
Irwansyah: 'They Should Have a Positive and Relaxed Mind When Playing'
27 April 2024

Indonesian badminton men's singles coach, Irwansyah, talks about the achievements in the 2024 All England.
First Time in 30 Years All England Open Final Brings Together All Indonesian Players
17 Maret 2024

Three Indonesian representatives successfully advance to final round of 2024 All England badminton tournament, joining Jonatan Christie and Ginting
Fajar / Rian Win Men's Doubles Title at 2023 All England
20 Maret 2023

World number one pair Fajar Alfian and Muhammad Rian Ardianto won the men's doubles title at the All England 2023 badminton championships.
Praveen / Melati Cancel German Open after Tested Positive for Covid-19
5 Maret 2022

Praveen/Melati and Dejan/Gloria are scheduled to compete in three European championships this month, namely German Open, All England, and Swiss Open.
BWF Apologizes to Indonesia for All England Quarantine Fiasco
8 Desember 2021

Indonesia Olympic Committee claims the BWF President apologized about the All England incident that happened earlier in March.
BWF Receives Death Threat Over All England Incident; Govt Speaks
24 Maret 2021

Youth and Sports Ministry Secretary addresses the death threats the BWF received following the Indonesian team withdrawal from All England.
All England 2021: British Ambassador Denies Discrimination Against Indonesia
23 Maret 2021

British Ambassador to Indonesia Owen Jenkins has spoken up about the withdrawal of the Indonesian badminton team from the 2021 All England tournament.
BWF President Apologizes Over All England Brouhaha
22 Maret 2021

BWF President Poul-Erik Hyer Larsen on Sunday sent an official apology to the Indonesian Youth and Sports Minister (Menpora).
Withdrawn from All England; Indonesian Athletes Getting Ready to Back Home
20 Maret 2021

Indonesian Embassy in London is arranging the return of athletes and staffers from the national badminton team supposed to compete in All England 2021
All England 2021; The Chronology of Indonesia's Withdrawal
19 Maret 2021

Here is the brief chronology of Indonesia's withdrawal from the All England 2021 badminton competition.


















































