Why the Military Insists on Questioning Andrie Yunus

5 hours ago 1

TEMPO.CO, Jakarta Fadhil Alfathan sprang into action the moment he received word that military prosecutors planned to visit Andrie Yunus at Dr. Cipto Mangunkusumo General Hospital in Central Jakarta on Tuesday, May 12, 2026. Before dawn, Fadhil—a public-interest lawyer and member of the Advocacy Team for Democracy —along with eight other members of the legal team, had already stationed themselves near Andrie’s hospital pavilion. Andrie, an activist with the Commission for Missing Persons and Victims of Violence (KontraS), had been attacked with acid by members of the Strategic Intelligence Agency (Bais) of the Indonesian Military (TNI).

The Advocacy Team for Democracy is a coalition of lawyers assisting Andrie in the acid attack case. According to Fadhil, the military prosecutors claimed they were merely visiting the hospital to check on Andrie’s condition. “We rejected the request in accordance with Andrie’s wishes,” the Director of the Jakarta Legal Aid Institute told Tempo on Thursday, May 14.

The prosecutors sought to meet Andrie because judges at Military Court II-08 Jakarta had ordered that he be presented in court. Presiding judge Col. Fredy Ferdian Isnartanto, said Andrie’s testimony was needed to explore the impact of the attack and the string of intimidation incidents preceding the acid assault.

Fadhil said the prosecutors decided to meet with hospital management after being denied direct access to Andrie. The hospital requested that members of the Advocacy Team accompany the meeting, which lasted less than an hour. Fadhil and three of his colleagues joined the discussion. It was the first meeting between Andrie’s lawyers and the military prosecutors since the case was transferred to the TNI Military Police Center on Tuesday, April 7, 2026.

Read the Complete Story in Tempo English Magazine


Defendant: Andrie Yunus' "Overacting" Led to Acid Attack Decision

4 hari lalu

Defendant: Andrie Yunus' "Overacting" Led to Acid Attack Decision

The defendants were not on duty at Hotel Fairmont when Andrie Yunus interrupted the Indonesian House of Representatives meeting. What was the reason for feeling offended?


Andrie Yunus Misses Another Hearing in Acid Attack Case

4 hari lalu

Andrie Yunus Misses Another Hearing in Acid Attack Case

Hospitalized acid attack victim Andrie Yunus was again asked to attend a military court hearing, prompting criticism from his lawyers.


TAUD Advises Andrie Yunus Against Meeting Military Investigators

5 hari lalu

TAUD Advises Andrie Yunus Against Meeting Military Investigators

TAUD Representative, Airlangga Julio, stated that Andrie Yunus had advised against accepting visits from military prosecutors.


Military Investigators to Visit Acid Attack Victim Andrie Yunus

6 hari lalu

Military Investigators to Visit Acid Attack Victim Andrie Yunus

The military investigator II-07 Jakarta plans to visit the victim of an acid attack, Andrie Yunus, at Cipto Mangunkusumo Hospital (RSCM) amidst the ongoing military trial.


TAUD Files Pretrial Motion in Andrie Yunus Acid Attack Case

18 hari lalu

TAUD Files Pretrial Motion in Andrie Yunus Acid Attack Case

TAUD has filed for pretrial as they deem the police investigation process by the Jakarta Metro Police in the case of Andrie Yunus' acid attack to be stalled.


4 TNI Personnel Face Charges Over Severe Attack on Andrie Yunus

18 hari lalu

4 TNI Personnel Face Charges Over Severe Attack on Andrie Yunus

Four TNI personnel assigned to the Strategic Intelligence Agency (BAIS) have been charged with committing serious assault against Andrie Yunus.


Jakarta Military Court Opens Trial for Andrie Yunus Acid Attack Case Today

19 hari lalu

Jakarta Military Court Opens Trial for Andrie Yunus Acid Attack Case Today

Jakarta Military Court II-08 is scheduled to hold its first hearing today to read the indictment in the alleged acid attack case against Andrie Yunus.


Andrie Yunus Writes to Prabowo Seeking Civil Court, TGPF Formation

30 hari lalu

Andrie Yunus Writes to Prabowo Seeking Civil Court, TGPF Formation

Andrie Yunus has written to President Prabowo Subianto urging a civilian trial and an independent fact-finding team (TGPF) for his acid attack case.


Military Court: Andrie Yunus Case Could Be Rejected by Civil Court

31 hari lalu

Military Court: Andrie Yunus Case Could Be Rejected by Civil Court

The head of the military court, Colonel Fredy Ferdian Isnartanto, said the institution has both absolute and relative jurisdiction to try the case.


Prosecutor: Andrie Yunus Attack Motivated by Personal Vendetta

31 hari lalu

Prosecutor: Andrie Yunus Attack Motivated by Personal Vendetta

Head of Military Prosecutor II-07 Jakarta, Colonel of the Legal Corps (Chk) Andri Wijaya, said the alleged motive behind the acid attack was personal.


Read Entire Article
Bogor View | Pro Banten | | |